St. Gemmas Art and Needlework
Theres a baby sweater, a camisole and a sock in there, plus a hat pattern I havent actually cast on yet. Skew, Lana Holden, Knitty winter 2009 Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Select, in African Gray Needles: Addi turbos, size 1.5 (maybe. Emilys soft pink sleeper is complemented by a beautiful crocheted sweater with matching hat, booties and rattle cover. Complete with matching hat. AD301602003 20 inch resin African American baby "Peyton" reminds us of our greatest / littlest blessing.
Cliffs Notes – A Raisin in the Sun – Critical Essays – Language and Style of A Raisin In
And its latest, albeit unlikely, heroine is Marisa Turmaine, aka Mazz, a personal assistant and science-fiction geek who last May was threatened with legal action by the BBC for coming up with knitting patterns for Doctor Who villains, and giving them away free on her website. Crocheting and knitting for charity, especially for children in need, is a meditative act of love. Your crocheting and knitting for charity can provide an extra dimension, warmth.
Hookin It With Mr. Lick Lick
I previously blogged about my unintended hiatus from knitting, crocheting, beading, and well anything the involves fine motor control in general. Love Leethals mystery hat pattern (pictured). I love this felted bucket hat (pictured).
Theres a video of him inching along, and a pattern download. This little dress for girls is a cute and simple pattern – and the variations are practically endless. Andrew van der Merwe has taken up a beach-based variant, inspired by writing styles from the North African Taureg culture and the West African Akan peoples.
Lutherama (The entire time I was swatching I was feeling extreme happiness to not be knitting:lol.) I started with single crochet, which looked nice enough, but then I got the idea to google for crochet garter stitch, and that introduced me to slip stitch crochet.
Straw hat wit. African woman with white lace. Theres a baby sweater, a camisole and a sock in there, plus a hat pattern I havent actually cast on yet. Skew, Lana Holden, Knitty winter 2009 Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Select, in African Gray Needles: Addi turbos, size 1.5 (maybe. So if you love hats and making them, heres a Burdastyle hat pattern for you. Im also writing some new knit hat pattern.
The Guardian – Bibi van der Zee on how knitting became cool – Life and style – The Guardian
- Heres a close-up of "A Jumper with Sun-Ray Ribbing" from A Stitch In Time: Knitting Crochet Patterns of the 20s, 30s 40s. While Ive crocheted from 1930s and 1940s pattern, Ive never knit.
- Beginners can learn to knit or crochet in a workshop (two hours, $70 to $90, materials included), while advanced practitioners can learn more complex techniques while making a fair-isle hat or flip-top mittens (two hours, $20 to $60, materials not included).
- African trade beads and Thai silver-dipped beads.
- In researching free form crochet, I came across the website for the International Freeform Crochet Guild with 5 years of past guild shows – wow. Ive been traveling a lot lately and seem to be working on more embroidery than crochet.
- Projects in this jam-packed issue include a Shetland stole to knit that tells the story of Cinderella, a crocheted lace edging, a coaster worked in Hardanger embroidery, and a traditional African banner to applique.