June 2006 – crochetroo
A few months ago, I started a giant version of the tremendous Lizard Ridge blanket, using Noro Hitsuji – the giant version of the Kureyon yarn that the Lizard Ridge design uses. The event features workshops in a wide range of fiber arts – knitting, felting, crochet, rug hooking, dyeing and spinning, and a vendor fair. Usually my patterns are in the form of cartoon characters (such as Beavis or Cartman) or Hokie Birds.
Snowflake Monday – Snowcatcher
Plastic Canvas Icosahedron (Pictured with a souvenir lizard from Jost Van Dyke). This year, I did something a little different for the science geek on my list. The sterling silver necklace is crafted by hand, with a rounded branch symbolizing the world and just over it a lizard with green jade eyes.
Boys Bow Tie Sewing Tutorial, 6m-12 from Little Lizard – Check out patterns on Craftsy
Presented by Ancha, it is crocheted by hand with fine copper wires that are plated with glistening sterling silver. Big M and I were at the zoo the other day and he scared a giant lizard by growling at him. I thought the poor lizard was going to have a heart attack. The dress turned out better than I had expected especially since I dont use patterns (I have no clue where to begin with them).
Giveaway – Crochet Chameleon Pattern from Planet June – Crochet Concupiscence
Textured pattern on the body and corrugated pattern on the sleeves with deep three button cuffs, princess seams, round neckline and back zipper closure. Lined pattern with raised red dots, the skirt wraps to the left concealing the shorts underneath, fold over collar and button to the waist front. This week, I chat with Sylvia Bo Bilvia and share a pattern for a preemie-sized hat. This week, I chat with Lorajean and share a pattern for a baby blanket.
JournalGazette.net – Math4Knitters, Crafty Living – Show 122 – The Journal Gazette
Loop website section – knitting crochet classes Join us at the Angel Islington shop in London in to learn how to knit or new crochet techniques. A few months ago, I started a giant version of the tremendous Lizard Ridge blanket, using Noro Hitsuji – the giant version of the Kureyon yarn that the Lizard Ridge design uses. Small crossbody with mini lizard printed details and inside pocket.
Rachel Roy – Rachel Rachel Roy – New Arrivals – Small Crossbody
- Brocade An all-over floral, raised pattern produced in a similar fashion to embroidery.
- Cable Knit Patterns, typically used in sweaters, where flat knit columns otherwise known as cables are overlapped vertically.
- Todays topic for Knitting and Crochet Blog Week is "An Inspirational Pattern" — something we aspire to knit or a pattern that inspires us. And for the link to the free pattern on Knitty: Lizard Ridge, (2006).
- I have been busy putting more items into my Etsy store – Violets Vintage Emporium – including some more 40s and 50s dresses, a glamourous 40s dressing gown, some 1960s ladies magazine, more 40s knitting patterns, a 50s hat, Asian laquered box, 1920s celluloid box and some other beauties.
- The Floating Ripple Blanket pattern is still available on the right sidebar of this page, most of the way down.